Friday, September 9, 2011

Thirsting after my Saviour

  In the last year I have had the deepest desire to draw closer to my Saviour. It is a feeling of my soul constantly being thirsty. Of being unquenched in my reading and prayer, no matter how much I do either one. I have learned that I often reach a point where my soul and words are unable to keep up with eachother and all i can do is let my heart share the unspoken words with my Father. Eventually, I get to where i can speak the words from my heart.
  I want to share some scripture that has spoken to me the last few days. The first part of being able to get closer to the Lord is making sure there is no sin between you and Him. "Failure in prayer is due to fault in the heart. Only the "pure in heart" can see God. And only those who "call on the Lord out of a pure heart" (2 Timothy 2:22) can confidently claim answers to their prayers."
 Psalm 41:1 I said, LORD, be merciful unto me, heal my soul; for I have sinned against thee.
Psalm 44:21 Shall not God search this out? For he knoweth the secrets of the heart.
Psalm 45:7 Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness...
Psalm 63:8 My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me.
 These have been a true blessing to me as I seem to struggle with this unquenchable thirst for pleasing my heavenly Father.
 "Let me come closer to Thee, Jesus
    Oh, closer every day.
Let me lean hard on Thee, Jesus,
    Yes, harder all the way."
 I will close with prayer from A. W. Tozer 'O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name, Amen.'

No comments:

Post a Comment